Varicose Veins Treatment Options
Varicose veins is one of the most unwanted physical features that people, especially women, hate. Those green and purple lines that seem to protrude inside the skin is not only annoying, but they may also hurt and throb at times. However, varicose veins are safe to remove, because they are not really the main blood vessel in the leg. It’s a good thing that modern technology provided several ways of treating varicose veins and its minor cousin, spider veins. The following is a list of all the possible varicose veins treatment that are available in West Palm Beach:
Sclerotherapy – This is one of the older forms of varicose vein treatment. Doctors inject chemicals into the veins to remove them. Only a few people go for this kind of treatment because it can cause allergic reactions to the chemical. Aside from that, it may also cause skin inflammation and discoloration.
Vein Laser Treatment – Vein laser surgery can also be done to those who have enlarged telangiectasias — smaller veins that are supposed to be capillaries, but were enlarged due to malfunction in the valves. Laser leg vein treatment is done to remove those veins, along with other medical techniques to ensure that new varicose veins will not appear. Vein laser surgery is one of the most common treatments that people prefer because recovery is fast and there is minimal risk of scarring.
Radiofrequency Ablation – This treatment is similar to laser surgery. Varicose veins are removed by using heat, but instead of laser, it uses other types of waves. Just like laser surgery, varicose veins are removed in just about 30-45 minutes. It also has minimal risk of scarring and other complications.
Varicose Vein Surgery – Also referred to as vascular surgery, this treatment involves surgically treating the veins by making incisions in the leg. This type of treatment is recommended for those who felt that laser surgery or other techniques did not solve their varicose vein problems.
There are multiple types of vascular vein surgery. One is called ligation, wherein the surgeon ties the saphenous at the point where it enters the femoral vein. Another is called avulsion. In this type of varicose vein surgery, several tiny incisions are made to remove the varicose veins. The last one is called stripping. The doctor makes one incision at the knee and another at the groin. A tunneling device is then inserted to the skin, which makes it easier to pull out the veins.
Because vascular surgery requires incisions, it is best to make sure that the one who carries it out is a professional with enough experience. If the surgery is not done properly, it may cause bleeding or nerve complications. In West Palm Beach, there are several experienced clinics that offer safe and effective vascular surgery at affordable prices.
Many people do not ask for professional help for varicose vein treatment because they think that they have to pay so much for varicose vein treatment costs. While it is true that some techniques may cost a little, it is only because they produce rapid results. One can also be assured that because these treatments are done by professionals, they are safe and will definitely reduce the risk of the varicose veins from coming back. For those who would like to try natural methods first, here are some techniques that can be done at home.
Varicose Veins Natural Treatment
1. Do not stand for too long, or remain in one standing position – Varicose veins form when there is consistent weight on the knees and legs. If there is a need to stand for a long time, move the legs and shift the weight from one leg to another, from time to time.
2. Keep the legs elevated when resting – When sitting down, stretch both legs and rest them on a chair for at least 10 minutes. Make sure that the legs are the same level as the waist. When lying down, elevate the leg by putting two pillows beneath it.
3. Lose weight – One of the best natural ways to prevent varicose veins from forming and cramping is to reduce the weight in the upper body. Have a healthy diet and ensure that you exercise to improve the circulation of the blood.
4. Avoid foods with high cholesterol – Varicose veins are essentially a problem with the vascular system. One of the things that aggravate it is the constriction of veins in other parts of the body. When the veins are constricted, blood will flow faster to other veins and can cause malfunction in the valves — which is essentially what happens to varicose veins. You can prevent this from happening by watching your diet closely and monitoring your fat intake.
5. Do frequent leg exercises – Jogging and walking are the best exercises for the treatment of varicose veins. It ensures that there is proper circulation in the leg area and improves the overall health of one’s circulatory system.
West Palm Beach, FL Weather
West Palm Beach, FL 33401
HELPFUL SEARCH LINKS